Report From Philadelphia Flyers
The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have signed forward Oskar Lindblom to an entry-level contract, according to GM Ron Hextall. Lindblom was the Flyers’ fifth round draft pick (138th overall) in the 2014 NHL Draft.
Below are some news & notes on Lindblom:
POSITION: Left Wing
DRAFTED: 5th Round, 138th overall (2014)
TEAM/LEAGUE: Brynas – SHL
AGE: 20 (8-15-1996)
BORN: Gavle, Sweden
VITALS: 6’1″, 192 pounds
- In Sweden’s top pro league, the SHL, he led the team in scoring with 47 points (22g-25a) in 52 games, which also finished fourth overall in the league, and had a plus-minus rating of +16, which tied for the team lead.
- Lindblom helped lead Brynas to the SHL Finals, where the team lost in seven games, recording 14 points (4g-10a) while appearing in all 20 games. His 14 points tied for third among all players, while his 10 assists tied for the playoff lead.
- He finished the 2015-16 season making his North American pro hockey debut with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms where he averaged nearly a point per-game with seven points (2g-5a) in eight games.
- Since he was drafted by the Flyers, he has competed in two World Junior Championships for Sweden, where he averaged over a point per-game pace with a total of 15 points (7g-8a) in 14 games.
- In parts of four seasons, including three full seasons, in the SHL, Lindblom has 87 points (38g-49a) in 141 regular season games.
- Since being drafted, Lindblom has attended Flyers development camp in each of the last three years.