Report From Philadelphia Flyers
The Philadelphia Flyers announced they have acquired goaltender Petr Mrazek from the Detroit Red Wings in exchange for a conditional fourth round draft pick in the 2018 NHL Draft and a conditional third round draft pick in 2019.
Below are news & notes on Mrazek:
PETR MRAZEK (M’Raz-ihk)
PREVIOUS TEAM: Detroit Red Wings
DRAFTED: 2010 (5th Round, 141st Overall) – Detroit Red Wings
AGE: 26 (2/14/1992)
BORN: Ostrava, Czech Republic
VITALS: 6’2″, 181 pounds
- In his last 10 appearances for the Red Wings, Mrazek has posted a 5-2-2 record with a 2.01 GAA and .937 save percentage.
- In total this season, he has an 8-7-2 record with the Red Wings while posting a 2.89 GAA and .910 save percentage.
- His most successful season came in 2015-16 when he posted a 27-16-6 record in 54 games to go along with a .921 save percentage and 2.33 GAA.
- He helped lead Detroit to the 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs where he appeared in three games, posted a one shutout and a 1.36 GAA and .945 save percentage in a First Round loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Overall, Mrazek has an NHL record of 72-58-20 with a career goals-against average of 2.60 and .912 save percentage.
- He won a Calder Cup Championship with Detroit’s AHL affiliate, the Grand Rapids Griffins in 2013 when he went 15-9 with a 2.31 GAA and .916 save percentage.
- Internationally, Mrazek was named the Best Goaltender in the 2012 World Junior Championship tournament where he posted a 3-3-0 record with a 2.31 GAA and .928 save percentage, seeing a total of 208 shots in those six appearances.
- Also in the same year as the World Juniors, he was a member of the Czech Republic team that won a Bronze Medal at the 2012 World Championships.