Report From Philadelphia Flyers
The Philadelphia Flyers have announced they have re-signed forwards Tyrell Goulbourne and Taylor Leier to one-year contracts, and forward Danick Martel has accepted his Qualifying Offer on a one-year contract.
Below are news & notes on each:
TYRELL GOULBOURNE (LW)
DRAFTED: 2013 (3rd Round, 72nd Overall – Philadelphia Flyers)
AGE: 24 (1-26-1994)
BORN: Edmonton, Alberta
VITALS: 5’11”, 195 pounds
* As a rookie, he appeared in nine games for the Flyers in the regular season, where he logged an average of 5:35 of ice time and had 15 hits.
* He Made his NHL debut on Jan. 6 vs. St. Louis where he recorded 5:23 of ice time and was a +1.
* In his third season with the Phantoms, he recorded new career highs in goals (8), assists (11) and points (19) in 63 regular season games in 2017-18… He also added two goals in 10 Calder Cup Playoff games.
* Goulbourne was drafted by the Flyers in the third round (72nd overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
TAYLOR LEIER (LW)
DRAFTED: 2012 (4th Round, 117th Overall – Philadelphia Flyers)
AGE: 24 (2-15-1994)
BORN: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
VITALS: 5’11”, 180 pounds
* After making the Flyers roster out of training camp, he recorded five points (1g-4a) in 39 regular season games and logged an average of 10:29 of ice time as a rookie.
* He made his NHL debut in a six-game stint during the 2015-16 season and recorded his first NHL goal in the 2016-17 season on Dec. 17 at Dallas… Over parts of three seasons on the Flyers, Leier has recorded seven points (2g-5a) in 55 regular season games.
* He has also spent parts of the three seasons with the club’s AHL affiliate, the Phantoms, where he has recorded 46 goals and 71 assists for 117 points in 192 AHL games.
* Leier was drafted by the Flyers in the Fourth Round (117th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
DANICK MARTEL (C/LW)
DRAFTED: Undrafted, signed as free agent from QMJHL in 2015
AGE: 23 (12-12-1994)
BORN: Drummondville, Quebec
VITALS: 5’8″, 167 pounds
* Martel made his NHL Debut with the Flyers on Nov. 22 at New York against the Islanders where he had three shots on goal in 12:07 of ice time.
* He appeared in a total of four games with the club last season where he went scoreless, had six shots and averaged 10:13 of ice time.
* He spent a majority of the season with the Phantoms where he posted 25 goals and 40 points in 59 regular season games to go along with a +16 rating.
* He ranked second on the Phantoms in playoff scoring with eight points (4g-4a) in 13 Calder Cup Playoff games to help lead the team to the Eastern Conference Finals.
* Over parts of four seasons in the AHL, all with the Phantoms, Martel has posted 68 goals and 120 points in 199 games.
* He signed an entry-level contract on March 10, 2015 after a four-year career with the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.